- 50 cultural open houses each Sunday in Balboa Park with an estimated 15,000 visitors
- 8 Summer Saturday cultural open houses
- 7 Fourth Tuesday Free Museum cultural open houses
- Annual Chinese New Year Dinner Show with partners Chinese School of San Diego and the Chinese Service Center
- Extra Chinese New Year Sunday Lawn program
- Conducted 20th Annual Essay Contest with record 111 entrants
- Promoted and donated to the Alex Yiu “Undiagnosed Illness” campaign
- Organized two-day Taste of Asia lawn program, in conjunction with the Houses of India, Korea, and Philippines and community partners,
- Confucius Institute SDSU, Families with Children from China, and Barnard Asian Pacific Language Academy.
- Provided entertainment to House of Pacific Relations Ethnic Food Fair and December Nights programs; hosted HPR Ladies Auxiliary
- luncheon; serve on HPR Fundraising and Short Term Planning Committees
- Stood by other community groups with publicity, advise and donations
Please now consider a gift to the HOC to help us promote, preserve and promote Chinese culture and friendship.
- $50 covers the staffing cost of a Sunday open house;
- $250 covers the cost of the top prize in the annual Chinese school essay contest;
- $300 – $400 covers a dance presentation;
- $1000 (life membership level) pays web maintenance and graphics services.